Sausage risotto is a comforting and hearty dish that combines the creamy texture of risotto with the savory flavor of Italian sausage. This classic Italian recipe is perfect for a cozy dinner at home or for entertaining guests. The dish is typically made with Carnaroli rice, which is slowly cooked with sautéed sausage, onions, garlic, and white wine, and then finished with Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs. The result is a rich and flavorful dish that is sure to satisfy any appetite. Whether you are a fan of Italian cuisine or just looking for a new risotto recipe to add to your repertoire, sausage risotto is a must-try.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 240 g Carnaroli rice
- 250 g sausage (with or without fennel, to taste)
- 1/2 l vegetable broth
- 1 large onion
- 4 red cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml dry white wine (1 glass)
- 1 nut of butter
- Parmesan cheese, grated (to taste)
- Nutmeg, grated (to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable broth over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Keep it on low heat while you prepare the risotto.
- Remove the sausage from its casing and chop it into small pieces.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped sausage to the pan and sauté until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat it in the sausage and onion mixture.
- Pour in the white wine and stir until it is fully absorbed by the rice.
- Add a ladleful of the hot vegetable broth to the pan and stir continuously until the liquid is fully absorbed. Repeat this process, adding one ladleful of broth at a time, until the rice is cooked to your liking (about 18-20 minutes).
- While the risotto is cooking, cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the pan from heat and stir in the butter, grated Parmesan cheese, and grated nutmeg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the risotto hot, garnished with cherry tomato halves and basil leaves. Enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!
Did you try our other first courses?
grandma adele’s italian original recipes
Leave a Reply