Pasta with broccoli and pancetta is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines the savory flavor of crispy pancetta with the tender texture of broccoli florets. This classic Italian recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests. The dish is typically made with short pasta such as fusilli or penne, which are cooked until al dente and then tossed with sautéed pancetta and garlic, blanched broccoli florets, and a generous amount of Parmesan cheese. The result is a comforting and flavorful pasta dish that is sure to satisfy any appetite. Whether you are a fan of Italian cuisine or just looking for a new pasta recipe to add to your repertoire, pasta with broccoli and pancetta is a must-try.
- 1 lb short pasta (fusilli, penne, etc.)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 oz pancetta, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and then drain the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli florets to the skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes until they are bright green and tender. If the skillet seems dry, you can add a splash of the reserved pasta cooking water to help steam the broccoli.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the pancetta and broccoli. Toss everything together until the pasta is coated in the pancetta and broccoli mixture.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the skillet and toss everything together again. If the pasta seems dry, you can add a bit more of the reserved pasta cooking water to create a sauce.
- Season the pasta with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the pasta hot, garnished with extra Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
Your Pasta broccoli and pancetta is ready!
Did you try our other first courses?
grandma adele’s italian original recipes