Golden and crispy fried artichokes are a beloved dish in Mediterranean cuisine, particularly in Italy and Greece. This delicious and savory appetizer is made by cleaning and trimming fresh artichokes, slicing them thinly, and coating them in a light batter before deep frying until golden brown. The result is a delightful combination of tender artichoke hearts and crispy golden crust that makes for a perfect snack or appetizer. Fried artichokes can be enjoyed on their own or served alongside a variety of dips, sauces, or salads.
- 8 artichokes
- 3 eggs
- 200 g of 00 flour
- 1 liter of corn oil
- Salt to taste
- Blotting paper
- Begin by cleaning and trimming the artichokes. Remove the tough outer leaves, cut off the top third of the artichoke, and trim the stem. Cut the artichoke into quarters and remove the hairy choke from the center.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, sift the 00 flour and add a pinch of salt.
- Heat the corn oil in a deep pot or fryer.
- Dip each artichoke quarter into the beaten eggs, then coat it in the flour mixture, making sure to shake off any excess flour.
- Carefully drop the coated artichokes into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the fried artichokes from the oil with a slotted spoon and place them on blotting paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat the process until all the artichokes are fried.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious golden and crispy fried artichokes!
The fried artichokes are ready!
Enjoy your meal!