Citrus liqueurs are a popular choice among liquor enthusiasts, thanks to their zesty and refreshing flavors. These liqueurs are typically made from a blend of citrus fruits, such as oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits, along with alcohol and sugar. They can be enjoyed on their own or used as a base for cocktails and other mixed drinks. If you’re looking to make your own citrus liqueur at home, read on for a recipe that’s sure to impress.
Ingredients for 1 liter of liqueur
2 orange peels (only the yellow part)
2 lemon peels
2 tangerine peels
2 lime peels
1/2 liter of water
1/2 liter of pure alcohol
sugar 400 g
- Wash the citrus fruits well and dry them thoroughly. Using a vegetable peeler, remove only the yellow part of the peel from each fruit, being careful not to remove any of the white pith.
- In a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the citrus peels and pure alcohol. Seal the jar and store it in a cool, dark place for 2-3 weeks, shaking the jar gently every few days.
- After 2-3 weeks, strain the alcohol mixture through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove the citrus peels.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Let the sugar syrup cool to room temperature, then add it to the alcohol mixture.
- Pour the citrus liqueur into clean glass bottles and store in a cool, dark place for at least 1 week before serving.
- Serve chilled on its own or use it as a base for cocktails and other mixed drinks.
Enjoy the zesty and refreshing flavors of this homemade citrus liqueur!
Prepare all our spirits
grandma adele’s italian original recipes
Leave a Reply